About this Job
Mentor Spaces is a community-driven mentorship platform designed to help companies scale DEI efforts while advancing the careers of underrepresented talent. The platform facilitates career conversations via chat, video, and voice between employees and prospective candidates to streamline diverse talent acquisition and retention.
Mentor Spaces was founded by Chris Motley who, despite the “disadvantages” of being raised by a teenage single mother on Chicago’s South Side, went to receive his degree at Columbia University and a successful career at Goldman Sachs. How?... Because of a serendipitous conversation with one of their junior employees that changed everything.
At our company, we believe a person cannot be who they have not seen, and we believe that technology can be leveraged to create serendipity for others at scale.
Our mentorship technology is leveraged at Historically Black Colleges and Universities, and national nonprofit organizations that focus on underrepresented talent. Mentor Spaces has been profiled in publications and media outlets such as Forbes, Good Morning America, Inc. Best in Business, and NASDAQ.
We want to create raving fans of our product, do good work, and have fun along the way. We are passionate about building a great company with a great team to generate great results!
Senior Staff Software Engineer - Remote
Mentor Spaces is looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Staff Software Engineer to play a vital role in designing and developing the back services to our Mentor Space Application. You will be responsible for architecting and building our AWS backend. If your passion is to make high-quality code and services, join us at Mentor Spaces.
- Create detailed technical architectural documentation
- Mentor and coach engineers on best software practices
- Build and manage software with DevOps first culture
- Work closely with Product Management to set a roadmap
- Follow security best practices in code & cloud
- Own & participate in the code review process
- Ensure the quality and performance of the application
What you will bring
- Experience in working in agile engineering teams
- Proficiency in system design and technical architecture
- Experienced in REST API design, development, and integration
- Experience with the AWS Cloud and Infrastructure as Code frameworks like Terraform
- SQL/NoSQL database technologies
- CI/CD experience, help us ship quality, secure code more often
- Experience with Video &/or Chat at scale
- Hands-on with serverless design patterns on AWS
- Hands-on with GraphQL
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience scaling a SAAS platform
Compensation & Benefits
- Remote work flexibility
- Flexible working hours
- Health Plan and Monthly Cost Analyzer
- 401k: Company Matches 100% of the contribution up to 4% of total compensation
- Salary commensurate with experience in a range of $175k plus equity commensurate with experience
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
GlobalGiving is the first and largest global crowdfunding community for nonprofits and disaster recovery. GlobalGiving makes it safe and easy for people and companies to give to local projects anywhere in the world, providing nonprofits with the resources,.
Position PurposeThe Michigan Health Information Network Shared Services (MiHIN) is looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our Cloud Operations & Infrastructure Support department. The Cloud Operations Engineer, Sr. is an integral member of the.
Piper Companies is in search of a Digital Product Manager for an innovative Specialty Risk Insurance Technology organization. The Digital Product Manager (DPM) will guide delivery and advise on future capacity for the organization's shared services (Cloud.
Do you have a passion for higher education? Do you want to make a positive impact on the college admissions process? Our staff helps to remove barriers and encourage students forge their path to a better future. Common App is a not-for-profit organization.
Overview:TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a leading and fast-growing federal government contractor headquartered in the DC area, is looking for candidates with a high degree of versatility, integrity, and technical ability benefitting some of.