lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team
A core pillar of lululemon’s technology strategy is to provide strong and scalable foundations. Leveraging cloud, we create and manage platforms servicing our internal stakeholders with a customer-first mindset. We enable and empower teams to become self-sufficient, while providing guardrails to protect the organization.
The Cloud Database Architect role is part of the Cloud Database Engineering Team. The Cloud Database Engineering team is responsible for developing and facilitating the execution of lululemon’s cloud database strategy. The Cloud Database Engineering team’s mandate is to provide tools and capabilities to the organization which allow easy, friction free adoption of cloud database technologies, thereby helping to accelerate and elevate our partners on the cloud journey.
They must thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, invent and simplify processes, and simultaneously support multiple projects impacting a growing global organization. This role requires excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to identify and eliminate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints. Maturity, curiosity, creative problem solving, and team leadership are all essential to success in this role.
a day in the life:
The Architect develops detailed solution roadmaps for a specific system, project, or application. You will partner closely with engineers and project management to ensure that implementation meets design expectations and adheres to enterprise architecture standards.
- Develop Cloud database product roadmap, inclusive of open source and cloud agnostic database platform, resilient design, scalable and secure.
- Architect and implement cloud database infrastructure following best practices and industry standards utilizing AWS/Azure/OCI cloud technologies & services.
- Work with Vendor professional services (AWS, Azure and OCI), lululemon architects and lead engineers to define best practices and evolve next generation capabilities and features.
- Design and develop detailed architecture design artifacts (including but not limited to logical, conceptual, and integration diagrams) for assigned teams and projects.
- Produce and present solution options to project leadership with clear definitions of the benefits and tradeoffs of each proposal.
- Participate and present at architecture design reviews and lead the governance activities for a given solution.
- Act as subject matter expert within your specific product/platform while also demonstrating knowledge beyond a singular service to encompass multiple interdependent services both on premise and within SaaS or cloud infrastructure and effectively design interactions in a highly matrixed environment.
- BS / BA in technology related discipline or relevant industry experience
- 7-8 years of direct work experience across a variety of On-prem and Cloud Infrastructure disciplines to support a strong foundational knowledge of technology best practices and regulatory processes.
- 3-5 years of experience developing, deploying, scaling and maintaining RDBMS databases preferably in Oracle and PostgreSQL. A good portion of this experience should come from working in and around cloud-based services.
- Solid experience with database security, vulnerability management, and data protection.
- Ability to design databases that meet specific operational SLAs and able to describe basic security, resiliency, and compliance aspects of cloud database platform primitives and data integrations.
- 2+ years of experience with core AWS platform architecture. The selected candidate must have strong experience with multiple AWS services: AWS DMS, AWS RDS, AWS Schema Conversion Tool, Lambda, Step Functions, AWS KMS, Secrets management, Vault, CloudFormation, SSM, Service Catalogs, Config, Code Pipeline etc. for AWS.
- Experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code: AWS environment and application automation utilizing CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Jenkins and third-party tools.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of various cloud capabilities and services offered by major public cloud providers and select them appropriately for given use cases, e.g. compute, storage, database, analytics, etc.
- Experience with Azure and OCI platform architecture is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles, tools, and techniques including business case development, ROI analysis, planning and issues management.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
AWS MS EngineerAt TTEC Digital, we coach clients to ensure their employees feel valued, and fully supported, because an amazing customer experience is an employee first process. Our vision is the same, a place where employees know they can thrive.VoiceFoundry,.
Analytica is seeking a Cloud Engineer to support a dynamic federal government project. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing a high level of technical support and vision for implementing and managing hardware, software and networksAnalytica.
The Motley Fool is looking for highly skilled Freelance AWS Developers to consult with our team on an independent contract basis, 20-40 hours per week for approximately 6 months. This is a senior-level, consulting position that is very flexible and 100%.
Responsibilties:Understand customer's IT estate, LOB applications, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and cloud native solutions.Collaborate with network, security, and application architects and SMEs.
Preferred Certifications: AWS Certified Cloud PractitionerGAMA-1 Technologies, LLC seeks a highly experienced Remote Senior Software Engineer to support GAMA-1's growing Cloud Services practice. In particular, the successful candidate will help drive.