azure (1.5) azure (1.5) aws (1) =AWS (1) reactjs (1) react (1) react-native (1) react>native (1) nosql (1) nosql (1) testing (1) jenkin (1) devops (0.5) devops (0.5)
Big machines require big thinking. Are you looking for your next big challenge?
Cat® Digital is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., leveraging the latest technologies to build industry leading digital solutions for our customers and dealers. With over one million connected assets worldwide, our teams use data, technology, advanced analytics, telematics and AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world.
Working with a Fortune 100 leader, you can build your career on a global scale and take advantage of development opportunities with emerging technologies. We’ve created an inclusive environment for you to explore your passions, make an impact and do the work that really matters. Join Us.
The Software Engineering Manager provides leadership in design, development and deployment of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art mobile applications for Cat dealers and customers. This position is accountable for hiring, managing and mentoring a team or multiple teams of software engineers in delivering the common department goals in line with CAT Digital Strategy. The Software Engineering Manager will lead the team that will build world class mobile solutions to help in increasing Caterpillar aftermarket part sales growth and Caterpillar prime product differentiation.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Revenue Impact: $ $1B.
Operating Budget: $2-4M
Caterpillar Headcount: 8+
Agency/Consulting Headcount: 5-10
Responsibilities include supervising teams and projects related to developing mobile solutions and implementing common operating procedures to provide process functionality and the requisite infrastructure to enable effective, efficient, economical services. Directs implementation of software infrastructure components to maximize common process and minimize costs by efficiently controlling the infrastructure environment.
The position supports the CAT Digital strategy, recognizes the service requirements/needs of dealers and customers, corporate and business unit goals, and gives input to leadership in formulating global concepts, strategies and plans to deliver service solutions.
Typical internal customers include various contacts throughout Caterpillar worldwide and its subsidiaries.
External contacts include various customers, dealers, and vendors throughout worldwide markets. The position is challenged to carefully evaluate problems and provide input into a large number of possible solutions before selecting one option. Problems may be complex and can require the manager to develop and monetize new solutions. The manager follows general policies and guidelines for projects under his/her control to ensure specific, management goals are met, and desired results are achieved. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, and Reoccurring
Revenue, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, etc.
The position supervises a work unit of primarily management/professional employees where some review of subordinate work is required as well as training, development and mentoring. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates, as well as overall employee satisfaction for the division.
Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 12 + years or more of software development experience or at least 8 years of experience with Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 5 years or more of experience in managing software development teams.
- 5 years or more of experience in public cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Demonstrated leadership on medium to large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities.
- Mobile Experience
- 3 + years in managing or developing mobile solutions
- Experience in managing or developing mobile native and hybrid (React Native/Flutter/Capacitor) solutions
- Ability to effectively prioritize, delegate responsibilities and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with working with teams in multiple worldwide locations
- Proven experience in many of the following,
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
- Developing software applications using relational and NoSQL databases.
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure DevOps etc.
- At least three plus years of deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum).
- Debugging and maintaining software in Linux or Unix platforms.
- Strong understanding and/or experience in many of the following,
- Test driven development and behavior driven development.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
- Passion for technology and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required.
The preferred location is either Chicago, IL, Peoria, IL or Dallas, TX with flexibility for partial work from home, but will allow for fully remote work for the right candidate anywhere in the United States with travel expectations of about 5% of the time as needed.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About LumenLumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for.
Azure DeveloperVaco is currently searching for an Azure Developer for a client in the Indianapolis area. This person will be a member of an Agile team developing cloud native applications on the Microsoft Azure platform.Primary ResponsibilitiesDesign.
Company DescriptionAETOS LLC is a Minority Owned CVE Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing information technology solutions focused on building a business that is customer-centered and performance-oriented. At Aetos,.
Role: Azure Data ArchitectRole Type: Full-time Only (No Contractors or 3rd Party)Required Skill Set : Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Solution ArchitectExperience : 12 - 15+ yearsSalary : Up to 210 kResponsibility of / Expectations.
Job Description: Skills & Requirements EXCELLENT COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS ARE A MUST!! Assignment Details Develop, publish, and schedule Power BI reports as per the business requirements Responsible for design methodology and project documentation Data.