The Systems Administrator/Engineer position contributes to reliable technical operation by maintaining the infrastructure that supports a highly available, around the clock operation as the Technical Lead for the client. The Systems Administrator/Engineer works with other team members and vendors to design, implement, and maintain all aspects of the technical infrastructure, including but not necessarily limited to Microsoft Windows Server operating system implementations, SAN storage system configurations, Local- and Wide-area-network, and related hardware and software components. This position is also responsible for installing customer-supplied baseline configurations for desktop workstations and providing for the ongoing support of desktop workstations. Although this person will fulfill an administrator’s role on a day-to-day basis, familiarity with systems engineering skills will be needed from time to time as the technical infrastructure will need to change as business needs and our customer(s) demand.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, repairs, and performs ongoing maintenance of hardware and software
- Designs, implements, and maintains data storage scheme in a storage area network environment to ensure maximum performance, reliability, and availability of all affected systems
- Installs, configures, and maintains large, complex third-party software products
- Assures that production systems are being backed up successfully on a daily basis
- Works with all vendor and client support organizations to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues related to network infrastructure, server and workstation hardware and software, and LAN/WAN connectivity issues
- Strong working knowledge and experience supporting, managing, and deploying VMware 7.0, VMware VSAN, vSphere, VMotion suite
- Creates and maintains Systems Administrator documentation for the project(s) to the satisfaction of our customer(s)
- Coordinates with other network and business application administrators, help desk, project management, and database administrators to ensure reliability, availability, and stability of network and server platforms to meet program objectives
- Works with other team members to design and implement disaster recovery plans for all applicable areas of responsibility (e.g., server systems, networks, etc)
- Manages MS Windows server OS, Active Directory, Group Policy, and virtualization
- Works with Cisco telephony products such as call manager, contact center (UCCE) and IP phones
- Manages system performance and troubleshoots issues to physical and virtual Windows servers, ESXi hosts, vCenter server and Azure environments
- Performs patches and updates, in line with company policy and processes, to Windows servers, ESXi hosts, vCenter servers and Azure environments
- Manages the operating system, application and database backups of all servers supporting IT, business, and customer operations
- Takes “on-call” duties on a rotating schedule with team members
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology related field with 5-years’ applicable experience
- Experience with administering SAN systems
- Excellent oral/written communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 8-years’ applicable experience
- MCSE Preferred and/or other certifications preferred, i.e. Cisco, MS, Network Fundamentals
- Server Automation experience
- PowerShell experience
- Python experience
- DevOps experience
- Azure CLI experience
- Ansible experience
- Terra Form experience
- Bicep experience
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About LumenLumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for.
Azure DeveloperVaco is currently searching for an Azure Developer for a client in the Indianapolis area. This person will be a member of an Agile team developing cloud native applications on the Microsoft Azure platform.Primary ResponsibilitiesDesign.
Company DescriptionAETOS LLC is a Minority Owned CVE Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing information technology solutions focused on building a business that is customer-centered and performance-oriented. At Aetos,.
Role: Azure Data ArchitectRole Type: Full-time Only (No Contractors or 3rd Party)Required Skill Set : Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Solution ArchitectExperience : 12 - 15+ yearsSalary : Up to 210 kResponsibility of / Expectations.
Job Description: Skills & Requirements EXCELLENT COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS ARE A MUST!! Assignment Details Develop, publish, and schedule Power BI reports as per the business requirements Responsible for design methodology and project documentation Data.