Kava Labs is hiring for a Software Development Engineering Manager, who will be 50% hands on whilst managing our Applications Engineering team, overseeing the SD life cycle whilst planning and scoping projects in collaboration with our product and design teams. This is a North America-based, full-time, remote position.
What You Will Do.
- Manage, mentor and coach engineers: Ensure your team is meeting project timelines and deliverables. Ensure that your team follows Engineering best practices – sprints, code reviews, software design docs, or conducting post-mortems.
- Review, write and test code: Write daily code, review and test. Implement improvements to your team’s technical diligence. Facilitate technical design decisions and drive the team to execute against those goals on time and within scope. Ensure quality code is shipped by the Frontend (Application) team.
- Own the full SDLC: You’ll guide the Applications team through the Planning, Requirements, Design, Building, Documenting, Testing, Deployment and ongoing maintenance of each project.
- Working Cross-Functionally: Collaborate with other department leaders from Engineering, Product and Design to execute the product life cycle.
Who You Are.
- Minimum 5+ years in the software engineering industry.
- Minimum 1+ years managing customer facing application teams, experiencing constant accelerated growth and can adjust as the business needs change.
- Minimum 4+ years of hands-on development experience using frontend frameworks, and RESTful APIs, including code reviews and driving architectural standards.
- Minimum 1+ year using React, Typescript, Redux (or other state library)
- Prior experience managing a geographically distributed engineering team. (highly preferred)
- Lead projects as an engineer and owned the relationship with Product and scoping processes from start to finish.
- Built and delivered user-facing apps.
- You exhibit a high level of autonomy in ambiguous environments and are comfortable establishing and executing upon priorities with a strong sense of urgency.
- Able to adapt and adjust in a high-stakes, high-growth, roll up your sleeves type of work.
Nice To Haves.
- Experience with fintech products, or crypto products is a huge plus.
- Experience working in a Startup environment.
- Experience supporting leadership and strategizing.
- Recruiter: 30 minutes
- Technical Assessment: 1 hour
- Head of Engineering: 1 hour
- Protocol Manager: 30 minutes
- Head of Product: 30 minutes
- Recruiter Debrief: 15 minutes
**Subject to change
What We Offer.
- A fully remote work environment with an international and diverse team
- Competitive salary; including stipends for home office set-up, wellness, internet and cell phone.
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Basic Life insurance for employees
- 401(k) with match
- Token grants for exploration, investment, and/or prof
- Unlimited PTO
- Work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can deep-dive into the frontier of blockchain
Kava Labs is focused on democratizing financial services and making them openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. We started out by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational platform designed to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable experience for accessing Decentralized Financial (DeFi) apps and services. Today that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf of users and is growing rapidly.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and cultures but we’re all united in our passion for building new open financial infrastructure — together so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)LOCATION: Remote - Work from anywhere (TimeZone: CST | Partial overlap)HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $40/hrESTIMATED DURATION: 20h/week - Long termABOUT US:Braintrust.
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)LOCATION: Remote - Work from anywhereHOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100/hrESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Short termABOUT US:Braintrust is the only network that gives.
Ellumen, named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post, is a small business headquartered in Silver Spring, MD. We provide a broad spectrum of information technology and ancillary services to government and commercial customers primarily within the healthcare.
Company DescriptionIt all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest,.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve.
More jobs by this company
Kava Labs is a Layer 1 Blockchain company with a 100% remote and distributed workforce. We have teams located in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. While distributed, you will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts on an open-source project.