c-sharp (6) c# (6) game-dev (4) unreal>engine (2) =Unity (2) c-plus-plus (3) c++ (3) testing (2) autom>test (1) unit>test (1) front-end (1) front>end (1)
Job Title: Game Tools Engineer
Location: (Remote USA)
A leading company in the video game industry is looking for an accomplished engineer that can help us bring the next wave of simulation features to life. You will work with multiple designers and engineers prototyping and shipping different features that expand the gameplay possibilities of Sims games. Most of the work will be done in C#, with the front-end being developed in WPF.
Reporting to a Development Director, as a Tools Engineer, you will:
- Create tools that help create and manipulate a very large number of game tuning and assets that assemble to create rich player facing features.
- Implement developer facing editors that provide high impact visualization to manipulate game tuning and assets e.g. state machine editor, behavior tree editor, expression editor in C# and WPF.
- Work with the other game engineers and designers to implement a data-driven simulation system to author player facing behaviors in Unreal and C++.
- Author technical design documents detailing software requirements.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
Top 3 most important:
- Demonstrate technical abilities with large projects implemented in C# and C++.
- Experience building and shipping AAA games in Unreal Engine.
- Experience building features and tools for games (or applications) that support a collaborative User Generated Content community.
Other very important skills:
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on development role.
- 3+ years experience building complex tools in C# and WPF.
- Experience building tools with a medium to large customer base.
- Previous engineering experience managing major systems in code bases.
- Experience and willingness to create multiple short-lived prototypes.
- Experience developing for large-scale live products. Products that always update to provide higher quality, and feature set to expand the possibilities in the game.
- Experience working in collaborative environments with diverse roles beyond engineering like design, production, art and product management.
- Experience optimizing performance and memory for applications that manipulate large amounts of information/files.
- Experience with Windows platform and development tools.
- Experience with performance/memory optimization of C# desktop applications.
- Experience building tools and plugins for Unreal or Unity Engines.
- Experience showcasing customer improvements in tools development.
- Experience with building games, tools, or plugins for Unity engine.
- Experience developing for PC, console and Mobile platform games.
- Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
- Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- large projects implemented in C# and C++: 4 years (Required)
- building and shipping AAA games in Unreal Engine: 1 year (Preferred)
- building features and tools for games: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
ResponsibilitiesSynapri is looking for a Senior Dynamics Business Central / NAV Developer available for new contracts.We are working with a leading Microsoft Gold Partner, who is searching for a Senior Dynamics 365 Business Central / NAV Developer to.
Piper Enterprise Solutions is searching for an Healthcare Integration Architect for a large-scale, pharmaceutical, and healthcare company. This is a 100% Remote position.Responsibilities for the Integration Architect: Support the design, integration,.
The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our.
BrightBean Software is looking for several 3+ year C# web developers, preferably in Colorado, to work on a small team doing .Net Core / API / MVC design and development. Working knowledge of a front end framework such as React or Vue.js would also be.