Military & Foreign Affairs Reporter Job Description
American Military News is looking for a full-time reporter to aggressively report and write on global foreign affairs, the U.S. military, homeland security, politics and cultural themes for the general public. Optionally and not required, it is a plus if the reporter is comfortable with going live on video broadcasts on various social platforms to update the world on important breaking and timely stories.
This is a remote position for a self-starting, ambitious person who has a passion for 21st century themes such as great power competition between free and autocratic countries, global instability and conflict, internal and external military politics, decentralized militarization of cyber and economics, domestic unrest, Pentagon strife and more.
- Stalk the news cycle and constantly be reporting stories that keep AMN at the forefront of the news cycle; at the direction of Editors
- Work with Editors on your reporting and on using our website and other technology to learn AMN systems and processes
- Monitor analytics, be abreast of hot stories and analyze performance
- Writing daily articles at the direction of the Editors
- Producing concise and accurate AP style copy, to deadlines
- Researching, producing talking points and going 'live' on video during important breaking and timely stories
- Must have previous newsroom and reporting experience,
- Must have working knowledge of global affairs, US military and national security
- Must be familiar with and be willing to continually study and improve knowledge about journalism, technology and media and AMN's reporting themes
- Must be passionate about learning new skills
- Intermittent weekend and nights duty
Metrics For Success:
- Article readership
- Quality of breaking news and relevancy of reporting on the site
- Overall interest and intensity towards the job
To Apply, Send:
- Cover statement about why you want to work at AMN
- Links to previous reporting work, writing or content creation (If you don't have any links, please submit a writing sample)
- Indicate if you are willing to do live video about AMN stories (Not required)
- If you have any questions or wish to apply outside this listing, you can email .
- $30,000 - $45,000
- Annual Bonus
- No benefits at this time.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Position: Regulatory Affairs ManagerThis position is immediately available to join our Regulatory Affairs team. The qualified candidate will be responsible for supporting the preparation, delivery, archiving, and tracking of regulatory submissions and.
Entry-Level/Junior Proposal Writer 100% Remote Are you an up-and-coming Proposal Writer looking to apply your knowledge in a team environment? Do you have a keen eye for detail and a desire to learn about Federal Proposals? Are you looking to join.
If you love writing, are bursting with article ideas, or have stacks of old-written content you need to put to work, then keep reading! We're expanding our fast-growing, remote-based team of writers, and applications are now open. Marker is an online.
Email Marketing Automation SpecialistUS East Office (Jacksonville, FL) or Remote USWe Exist to Transform our Customers and Change LivesSummary:This exciting role requires HubSpot and automated marketing expertise. The Marketing Automation Specialist.
Media Relations Manager / Content WriterAbout JSA: Jaymie Scotto & Associates (www.jsa.net) is an award-winning, full-service PR & marketing firm focused on serving clients in the tech, telecom and data center industries. Named one of the top 100 elite.