We started ButterCMS with an ambitious mission: to create a headless content management system that was as smooth as butter for developers and marketers to use, and to do it with a healthy company culture that believes balancing work and life should be just as smooth.
Now that weve done it, as the #1 rated headless CMS, were not stopping anytime soon. Were setting our sights even higher: bigger impact + rapid growth. Thats where you come in.
What's In It for You?
At ButterCMS, youd be joining an incredible team with the opportunity to make a big impact. As a Director of Engineering youll own all technology, be responsible for the entire ButterCMS platform and deliver on our roadmap, and most importantly, ensure that our customers are successful.
Youre doing what youre passionate about and making a big impact to grow a business alongside the company Founder + CEO and like-minded developers and marketers. As a fully remote team, we offer a relaxed, fun, flexible, working environment with competitive salary + benefits. Learn what it takes to build, run, and grow a SaaS business; The skys the limit.
Some things our team loves about working at Butter
- Maximum learning and career growth: We have an amazing team that will push you in your growth.
- Fully remote team that was always meant to be remote: The company has been built as a fully remote company from the start.
- Structured, yet flexible schedule
- Clear sense of goals and priorities: We have a highly autonomous, highly capable team. No micromanaging. Just alignment of strategy, goals and priorities.
- Meetings, but not too many: Theres a weekly standup of about an hour to touch base and discuss recent changes and the next phase of project goals--but if theres nothing important to touch base on, its cancelled. We dont believe in wasting your time.
- Flat organizational structure for developers: There is no escalating hierarchy composed of multiple layers of middle managers. Everyone is treated like an autonomous, valuable member of the team, with cross pollination between all members for help and feedback. If there are any questions that require a final ruling those get escalated as needed.
- Egalitarian Communication: Every member of the team is encouraged to provide input, share ideas, etc. Butter prides itself on respectful communication over all channels, facilitating a positive environment where developers of all experience levels are encouraged to grow.
- Creator of HAML and SASS loves Butter: Butter is built by and for developers. Developers love us. We exist to make their lives better. Were honored to include pioneering developers such as the creator of HAML and SASS as customers.
- Make an impact in our customers lives: Butter is the #1 rated headless CMS, highly-regarded product, with top G2 marks in everything from ease of implementation to best customer service, meaning that you can feel a real sense of pride in how much clients love it and how much easier it makes their lives.
- Work closely with the founder on all product initiatives. Theres zero bureaucracy - you will have maximum autonomy and responsibility.
- Own all technology and lead the engineering team. Responsible for the ButterCMS platform, marketing site, docs, as well as our open source SDKs and starter projects.
- Ensure 100% uptime and the platform remains performant. On-call to immediately resolve platform / infrastructure issues in the event of disruption or performance degradation
- Build out new capability in Django and Vue.js as we continue to grow as the best headless CMS in the market
- Improve platform reliability, security and performance.
- Provide support for technical customer success - many of our customers are developers. Help them be successful with Butter and take their feedback to improve our product. This includes helping our customer success team with level 3 technical support questions ranging from how to best integrate Butter into their app or help with fixing a bug.
- 100% remote. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Eager and able to learn quickly. Self sufficient enough to solve problems. Enjoys and thrives on autonomy
- Excited to be building the company - you love to get your hands dirty.
- Ownership and pride in your work come naturally.
- Experienced at leading an efficient team of engineers.
- Deeply experienced with Django/Python a must. Know how to write efficient code and utilize Django ORM for performant database querying.
- Experienced with Vue.js or similar front-end framework also a must.
- Experienced working with high volume applications where database query optimization and caching (Memcache, Redis, etc)
- Consistently write well designed, testable, efficient code
- 5+ years experience as a software developer
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Hands-on experience growing and scaling a customer-loved SaaS product
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- HSA and DCFSA
- Retirement Plan with Company match (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Tech perks
Start your journey of helping others build better with Butter.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
SharePoint Developer/AdministratorFlatwater Inc.RemoteExemptNote: if you are a resident of Colorado please contact 402-718-3854 for salary ranges.”SummaryFlatwater Inc. is looking to fill this position with the most qualified applicant, Flatwater is.
Description:ACES Quality Management is the leading provider of enterprise quality management and control software for the financial services industry. The nation’s most prominent lenders, servicers and financial institutions rely on ACES Quality Management.
Location: RemoteRate:1099Job Description:Primary responsibility is to build and maintain systems for tracking, trending and reporting of program specific information and data to support performance improvement and contractual reporting requirements..
Please note this is a remote position, however we will only be considering candidates in the Greater Chicago or Greater Toronto areas.Shipfusion gives brands the best tools possible for building a successful eCommerce operation. We were founded by a.
DescriptionKBX Technology Solutions, LLC, a provider of transportation technology to industry leaders, is seeking an early career Software Engineer. This role will be part of a team of engineers that are responsible for enhancing existing applications.
More jobs by this company
About ButterCMSWe started ButterCMS with an ambitious mission: to create a headless content management system that was as smooth as butter for developers and marketers to use, and to do it with a healthy company culture that believes balancing work and.