database-admin (14) database>administr (7) dba (7) nosql (5) nosql (2) mongodb (1) cassandra (1) dynamodb (1) sql (5) sql (2) postgresql (1) mysql (1) aurora (1) back-end (2) backend (2) front-end (2) frontend (2) python (1) python (1) aws (0.5) =AWS (0.5)
A professional Database Administrator (DBA) will keep Pushnami’s databases up and running smoothly, providing a seamless flow of information throughout the company. A perfect candidate for this position will be able to consider both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users, and take pride in owning an integral part of our organization.
- Build and operate database systems of high availability and quality
- Design and implement high volume NoSQL and SQL database clusters
- Setup data backup and recovery processes
- Analyze performance bottlenecks and improve query speed and efficiency
- Help with development of ETL and data pipeline processes
- Analyze data security and protection concerns, apply them to data in storage and in transfer
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Assist with monitoring of databases, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- 5+ years of experience as a Database Administrator
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification preferred
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent understanding of SQL, query optimization and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra or ScyllaDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Knowledge and experience with time series databases is a plus (TimescaleDB, InfluxDB)
- Experience with AWS cloud based database management systems is desirable (Athena, DynamoDB, RDS, Aurora)
- (Optional) ETL programming in Python or other languages
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity
- Knowledge of Linux, shell, and networking tools
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Full Medical and Dental PPO Insurance that is 100% paid for by the company
- Maximum Matched 401k Retirement Plan
- Fun and Relaxed Office Environment
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches Monday - Friday
- Ability to set a daily work schedule that works best for you
Pushnami was built on the principles of positivity and acceptance. We strive to build an inclusive work environment that uses our success to make a genuine impact on the community around us. No employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Travel Required: Less than 10%Public Trust: OtherRequisition Type: RegularAt GDIT we build cutting-edge applications that help the end user accomplish their mission.The DBAis responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases.
5-8 years of Professional experience as a database administrator on the targeted operating system platformExperience with AIX Script ExperienceExperience with SQL experienceExperience with DBA & LUW experienceExperience with Application Support experience.
Senior Database AdministratorWhat will you be doing:The Senior DBA will identify opportunities for improvement or automation and work with the team to complete them. Understand complex restore scenarios including data corruption. Mentor associates and.