What will you be doing:
- Manage database schema changes, software updates, and patches;
- Implement and maintain disaster recovery procedures (e.g. failover);
- Work with Development and QA Teams in an agile environment including but not limited to: attending daily stand ups, all product meetings and involvement with tasks on the development board; provide hands-on database installation, configuration, administration and support for all implementation, development, test, demo, and production databases;
- Conduct regular performance tuning and testing including analysis of usage patterns;
- Configure and maintain backup and recovery procedures;
- Perform capacity planning in collaboration with other team members and system administrators;
- Establish standards, document database change procedures and communicate impact to stakeholders;
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve data processing issues to maintain daily data feeds and data integrity, 24x7x365 when necessary;
- Manage user accounts and access privileges;
- Create and optimize physical tables and associated configurations;
- Develop and maintain SQL procedures, views, and other scripts in support of production development, customer reporting, and database administration requirements.
- Participate in audits (SOX, etc.) as required and implement needed standards and processes to meet audit requirements
What we're looking for:
In order to comply with applicable legal obligations, Premier requires employees to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. We will consider requests for disability or religious accommodations during the recruiting process as needed. Premier will also observe state laws related to vaccination, as applicable.
- Knowledge of infrastructure design; ability to follow methods and standards as set by the team; understand Change Management principals
- Demonstrated understanding of UNIX/LINUX systems, shell scripting, Automation, executing tasks, agile development, product management and bug tracking tools
- Ability to execute necessary upgrades and patches; Good listener, team player; project management skills; work with agile development teams; understand concept of relative estimation; self-starter
Premier’s compensation philosophy is to ensure that compensation is reasonable, equitable, and competitive in order to attract and retain talented and highly skilled employees. Premier’s internal salary range for this role is $80,000 - $148,000. Final salary is dependent upon several market factors including, but not limited to, departmental budgets, internal equity, education, unique skills/experience, and geographic location. Premier utilizes a wide-range salary structure to allow base salary flexibility within our ranges.
Employees also receive access to the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k retirement program
- Paid time off
- Participation in Premier’s employee incentive plans
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Ranked #1 on Charlotte’s Healthiest Employers list for 2019, 2020 and 2022, and 49th Healthiest Employer in America (2022)
- Named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere® Institute for the 13th year in a row
- The only company to be recognized by KLAS twice for Overall Healthcare Management Consulting
- Perks and discounts
- Access to on-site and online exercise classes
- Paid time off to volunteer in their communities
Premier is looking for smart, agile individuals like you to help us transform the healthcare industry. Here you will find critical thinkers who have the freedom to make an impact. Colleagues who share your thirst to learn more and do things better. Teammates committed to improving the health of a nation. See why incredible challenges require incredible people.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful discrimination because of their age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, pregnancy status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, covered military or protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable federal, state or local protected class, trait or status or that of persons with whom an applicant associates. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Premier complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply.
Premier also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability or those who have a sincerely held religious belief. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Travel Required: Less than 10%Public Trust: OtherRequisition Type: RegularAt GDIT we build cutting-edge applications that help the end user accomplish their mission.The DBAis responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases.
5-8 years of Professional experience as a database administrator on the targeted operating system platformExperience with AIX Script ExperienceExperience with SQL experienceExperience with DBA & LUW experienceExperience with Application Support experience.
A professional Database Administrator (DBA) will keep Pushnami’s databases up and running smoothly, providing a seamless flow of information throughout the company. A perfect candidate for this position will be able to consider both backend data structure.