As an Engineering Lead on our Memberships pod you’ll be working on some of the most important tech that powers our user membership experience, and building the architecture that supports our growing user base from conversion to payments.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced team that is passionate about technology, building products we’re proud of, and upholding a strong, collaborative team culture.
What you’ll do:
- Build product! You’ll contribute to features that help our global users easily join and engage with the platform.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives with the team (we work in agile here).
- Facilitate ticket assignment – you know the strengths of engineers on your team, and when to give them new challenges to help them grow.
- Collaborate with Product Managers & Designers to scope projects and determine longer-term roadmaps.
- Review code with best practices of readability, testing patterns, documentation, and performance considerations in mind.
- Mentor your teammates and help them grow and develop their skills.
- Work closely with other engineers, along with our product, design, and data teams.
- You’ll work in a cross-functional group, collaborating with our marketing, data science, product, and executive teams.
Why we’re excited about you:
- You have 6+ years of experience as an engineer with a proven history of working across the stack and building product at scale.
- You’re ready to work with an existing code base (proficiency in PHP, node.js, and react or backbone is expected), but you can pick up new languages as needed.
- You’re comfortable working in an event-driven way in a microservice architecture
- You’ve helped build out scalable APIs. You are comfortable with REST and GraphQL (federated schemas are a plus)
- You understand industry standards in architecture, code quality, testing and technical documentation.
- You’re a natural collaborator – you work seamlessly within and between teams.
- You’re motivated by full ownership of your work and you’re passionate about the user, and eager to help our organization grow to meet their needs.
- You have strong skills in performance optimization
- You have experience using a/b testing and analysis to drive measurable improvement in relevancy and user behavior.
- Experience with Stripe is a plus.
Why you are excited about us:
- Impact: You will be vital in building out instrumentation to understand how changes to the site impact our business overall.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
- We think the starting salary for this role is $185,000 + equity, but it might vary depending on skills and experiences. If this role is of interest to you, you should apply no matter what. You can trust us to make an assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.
Skillshare is an online learning community whose mission is to connect curious, lifelong learners everywhere – and, in so doing, build a more creative, more generous, and more prosperous world. Today, our community has grown to millions of members who come to Skillshare to learn creative and entrepreneurial skills, network with peers, and even teach a class themselves. We are backed by OMERS Growth Equity, Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, and inclusive work environment for all.
IMPORTANT: Skillshare is among several companies recently made aware of a phishing scam involving con artists posing as hiring managers recruiting via email, text and Skype. Please note, Skillshare employees will only use @Skillshare.com email addresses to communicate with you, will have video interviews with you, and will never ask you for money or for you to email your personal identification information to us.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Note: We support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.Textio's mission is to build software that interrupts bias in communication.
Location: Remote Remote Location: # of openings: 1 Department: Employment duration: Full time Exemption Status: Exempt Relocation Assistance: N/A Added to system: 11/7/22 2:32 PM Job Code: 281.221107.7954DescriptionFull Stack DeveloperMedImpact Healthcare.
We are looking for a Developer Experience Engineer to help Grafana Cloud customers be more productive through best-in-class educational resources and deployment tooling. Reporting to our Head of Self-Service, this role blurs the line between advocacy,.
Do you have the skills—and drive—to join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating.
About the CompanyIt’s been said that moving is one of life’s most stressful events. We knew there had to be a better way to make the experience easier for the companies who move 40 million Americans each year – that’s how the idea for Oncue was born..
Newtek (NASDAQ: NEWT) is looking to add to its team! Newtek offers a competitive salary and a performance-based bonus program. We provide employees with an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, supplemental benefits,.
More jobs by this company
As an engineer at Skillshare, you’ll have a direct impact on how teachers share their expertise, how students find and watch content that excites them, and how we’re presenting our platform to the world. The team’s work draws from a deep understanding.