Filament Games seeks a talented and self-driven senior game engineer to join our team in creating next generation learning games and technology solutions. All of our game engineers work intimately with an interdisciplinary team of professionals and play a key role in carrying product development through conception to execution. As a senior game engineer you will be responsible for:
- Core system architecture that factor in the needs of the entire game team
- Implementation of unique game-play mechanics and complex user interface
- Participate in the regular iteration and maintenance of the above systems
Additional responsibilities that are specific to senior game engineers include:
- Acting as the lead engineer on games where they code,
- Function as the lead for game teams with more junior, recently hired or contract engineers
- Work with the engineer manager and other senior staff to define, implement and maintain studio processes
- Assist the engineering manager in the identification, hiring and mentoring of future game engineers
- Implementation of game-play features and improvements
- Troubleshooting and delivering solutions to programming defects
- Troubleshooting deployment issues
- Documentation of key algorithms and interfaces
- Revising of work according to critique and judicial use of programming best practices
- Estimation of time to complete tasks
- Daily communication with team members and production
- Limited travel to facilitate and review in-classroom playtests
Required Skills and Experience
- AS/BA/BS in CS or similar, or equivalent experience
- 7 years professional/indie game development experience
- Credited as a programmer on at least two large shipped titles (or equivalent number of smaller titles)
- Mastery of two of the following game engines: Unity 3D (preferred), or Roblox (preferred), Unreal, Godot, Phaser, Cocos2D, or PixiJS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of fundamental OOP concepts
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work in the A-Z game development process – from concept thru design, development, and delivery
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Self-driven motivator
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment
- Curious with experimenting with the latest developer technologies and standards
- Passion for learning and learning games
- Experience developing games for tablets and web browsers
- Experience developing multiplayer games
- Experience programming physics engines or simulations
About Filament Games
Our team is a creative, interdisciplinary group of people who are making a difference. Through innovative educational games we're working to modernize education and revolutionize learning!
We believe that the best work – and the best life – comes from a healthy balance between work and play, discipline, and fun. Our office culture reflects this.
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Madison, a lively city with a world-class university, burgeoning tech industry and beautiful state capitol. Downtown Madison is a vibrant, active urban center with fun weekly events like Concert on the Square and the Farmer's Market, and offers access to a variety of eclectic restaurants, music venues, and the best of Madison's nightlife.
Filament offers a competitive benefits package, including health/dental/vision care, short & long term disability, a Flexible Spending Account, 401k retirement plan, subsidized bus fare, profit sharing, and unlimited paid time off.
Guard against scams: During the selection process, applicants will only receive official notices via email from a sender from the @filamentgames.com domain. This includes scheduling interviews and coordinating reference checks, assessments, and job offers. If the person who is contacting you is not listed on the staff page on our website please do not correspond with them. Unfortunately Filament will not be able to assist you if you fall victim to a job offer scam. Please report any losses to law enforcement.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for positions on the basis of qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying without regard to race, religion, creed, sex, age, residency, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical appearance. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About DECA GamesWe believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain.
We are looking for a collaborative, respectful, and driven Level Designer who will help us craft new worlds!As a level designer at Hardsuit Labs, you are an innovative, original thinker who constantly advocates for the player. You are an integral part.
About ILG:Location: RemoteInterior Logic Group, the United States’ premier and largest provider of interiors for new homes is changing the home building industry by delivering the most powerful virtual home shopping, design, and analytics platform. Our.
Hello,How are you?Im sure youve read hundreds of these job descriptions by now.I hope reading this one will be less painful.In short: We are growing our product team and looking for a QA Automation Developer - VR / Unity / Android.What might that look.
RoleSAN/NAS Storage AdministratorLocationOn-siteDesired Competencies (Technical/Behavioral Competency)Must-HaveIBM all-flash storage management2. NetApp storage management3. Dell PowerMax storage management4. Dell Unity/VNX/PowerStore/Isilon/QNAP storage.
More jobs by this company
Filament Games seeks a detail-oriented individual to join our QA team. QA Analysts at Filament work closely with development teams to reduce the likelihood that users will encounter problems that prevent them from engaging with our products.A Quality.