Jetstack is the creator of a highly popular open-source project called cert-manager. Cert-manager is downloaded more than 2 million times a day. It is widely used to provision certificates to Kubernetes clusters, and in production with companies like Walmart, the Home Office and Autotrader.
Recently, Jetstack launched Jetstack Secure, a product built on top of cert-manager that enables enterprises to view and manage their machine identities across Cloud Native Kubernetes and OpenShift environments and build a detailed view of their security posture.
Were looking for a Software Engineer who wants to be part of our team and make a difference to our customers in their journey to adopting Kubernetes and cloud native technologies. With experience of backend development, you will help us design and build features for Jetstack Secure. You will work in a small cross functional team, alongside frontend engineers, SREs, Product Owners and others to bring products to market.
Required technical experience
- Good working knowledge of Golang, or a polyglot background that demonstrates an ability to learn a new language
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing and other testing techniques
- Familiarity with multiple database technologies and data processing approaches
- Experience working with a microservice architecture
- Experience designing and building REST APIs
Other desirable technical experience
- Use of container based deployment solutions (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Automated testing and working with CI/CD
- Knowledge of basic TLS and certificates concepts: e.g. what a TLS certificate is
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code: i.e. Terraform
- Experience with event based systems
Other desirable experience
- Working on product development, particularly for enterprise customers
- Experience in working in an agile process/environment
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- A can-do attitude and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to focus and work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team
- A sense of ownership and customer responsibility
- Ability to adapt to circumstance and respond with urgency and pragmatism
- Ability and desire to continually learn and remain up-to-date with ecosystem developments
- Excellent communication skills and able to successfully articulate technology concepts to both business and technology audiences.
- Experience working on distributed teams
- Implementation of the backend side of new features, working with others as required
- Input into the implementation of new product features
- Receiving customer feedback and making appropriate adjustments
- Maintenance of the backend codebase: fixing bugs, updating dependencies and adjusting to API changes
- Suggesting changes to the architecture and technologies used in the backend, as well as suggestions for improvements elsewhere in the system
- Participating in planning with the rest of the team
As well as working with a great team on an exciting project we also offer a number of benefits:
- Conference leave entitlement
- Flexible working
- A laptop of your choice
- 25 days of holiday (not including UK public holidays)
- A generous pensions scheme
We are primarily located in the UK, but this role is open to applicants wanting to work remotely from anywhere in Europe.
Our mission is to build the best team that will guide and support enterprises and start-ups alike in their adoption of Kubernetes. Our deep understanding and real-world experience in a variety of environments (cloud and on-premises), enables us to accelerate customer projects and provide them with confidence in their operations.
We are a group of open-minded people who care about the service we provide to our customers, the impact we have on the open source community and how we work better together. We have a diverse team who thrives on interesting projects, resolving real life complex issues and giving back to the community. If youre as interested in learning and developing as we are then please do apply.
Jetstack embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Jetstack is a Venafi company.
More About Venafi:
Venafi is the undisputed leader in Machine Identity Management. Why? Because we created the category and are light years ahead of anyone that would consider competing! Gartner has recognized Venafi as number one in our space and as it turns out, one is NOT the loneliest number!
Venafi is the inventor of the technology that secures and protects machine identities. The Venafi platform provides visibility, intelligence, and automation for SSL/TLS, IoT, mobile, cloud native, Kubernetes, and SSH machine identity types. Many of the largest organizations in the world use Venafi.
Billions of dollars have been spent protecting usernames and passwords and almost nothing managing machine identitiesorganizations are just now realizing that managing and protecting machine identities is as important as managing usernames and passwords. The bad guys know this and are using stolen or forged machine identities in their cyberattacks. In fact, Gartner says 50% of network attacks will use machine identities.
Come help us protect the world!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Golang Backend EngineerBright Pattern is a global provider of cloud-based contact center software that helps businesses to organize work, automate frequent responses, and stay in context of the customer inquiries from contact to contact, irrespective.
*This position is 100% remote*For over ten years, HappyFunCorp has been helping businesses develop great products and deliver technical solutions with a blend of strong engineering skills, human-focused design, and culture that makes working with us.
Title: GOLANG DEVELOPER - ATLANTA, GA (REMOTE):Terms of Hire: W2 contract.Pay rate: $ OpenJob Description/Skills Required:GO-LANG DEVELOPER - ATLANTA, GA (REMOTE):Our client is currently building out a team to come work their NextGen application. These.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us build and improve our internal runtime tooling and developer experience on top of cutting edge technologies such as Kubernetes and Vault. Additionally, you’ll be helping us build monitoring, management.
_Senior Golang Developer_What will you do?Responsibilities:Getting to know the tools / technologies needed to meet the requirementsAnalysis and implementation of solutions based on the provided requirementsTesting source code and debuggingActive participation.