The privacy focused pod within the Security and Platform Data Engineering team partners with Privacy Engineering and our internal Legal stakeholders to ensure we are being responsible stewards of our members’ data. This means enabling transparency by giving members access to their data on demand. It also means understanding what data we retain about our users, where it is stored, who has access to it and how it is being used. In addition to that we are subject to various laws and regulations globally, which require us to handle data in accordance with standards set by the respective local authorities. Our team builds tools, frameworks and systems which enable us to deliver successfully on these member commitments and regulatory obligations.
This role is focused on building an internal framework to capture member consent data in a centralized location for various regulatory and legal use cases. We are looking for a Data Engineer with solid distributed data processing skills using technologies such as Spark, Presto, Flink and/or Kafka to help consolidate consent data from various internal systems and support new use cases as our business evolves and expands. In addition to that, the ideal candidate will have great data intuition and share our passion for continuously improving the ways we handle our members’ data at Netflix.
- Passionate about consumer data protection and privacy
- Highly proficient in at least one of Java, Python or Scala with at least 2 years of software/data engineering experience
- Comfortable with complex SQL
- Able to engineer elegant data pipelines using big data technologies (e.g. Iceberg, Presto, Spark, Flink) on large scale data sets
- Adept at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into scalable data solutions
- Excited about operating independently, demonstrating excellence, and learning new technologies and frameworks
What you will do:
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable data pipelines to process structured and unstructured data
- Partner with our privacy engineering and legal stakeholders to build tools and frameworks which enable us to be responsible stewards of member data
- Maintain and rethink existing pipelines to improve scalability and maintainability
- Join a stunning team of data engineers with diverse skill sets, partnering closely with analytics engineering and data science counterparts
Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix at jobs.netflix.com/culture. We regularly share examples of our work on our tech blog. You will need to be comfortable working in the most agile of environments. Requirements will be vague. Iterations will be rapid. You will need to be nimble and take smart risks.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
The Company Azul products are used by hundreds of thousands of Java developers, millions of connected devices globally, and many of the world's most successful businesses, including 27% of the Fortune 100, 50% of Forbes Top 10 World's Most Valuable.
100% Remote!POSITION SUMMARY: Bayview is an investment management firm focused on investments in mortgage and consumer credit. The Consumer Lending Fintech is a newly founded business line for direct to consumer lending efforts. The Consumer Lending.
Millions of Java developers and the world s top businesses trust Azul to power their applications. We are growing fast and need determined, innovative and energetic contributors who want to make an impact today!Azul is a fast-growing, remote-first organization.