Second Door Health is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering organization! This role entails working among a small team to build out the Second Door Health application platform - comprised of Web Applications, Mobile Applications and APIs. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the exciting opportunity to effectuate impactful technology implementations on largely greenfield projects. This role empowers an ambitious individual to deliver exceptional value while affording career growth opportunities as Second Door Health continues to scale.
- Full-stack implementation of scalable, fault tolerant applications in coordination with a distributed team
- Develop highly effective automated tests to satisfy or exceed quality standards
- Write clear and detailed documentation for application features and systems
- Iterate on architecture solutions and code implementations to suit short-term needs and long-term business goals
- Elevate your team by providing actionable feedback through diligent code reviews and general mentorship
- Play an integral role as a leadership voice within your team to facilitate best practices and strong planning
- Work diligently with Product Managers and Designers to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Communicate technology decisions to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike
- Seek to consistently broaden your knowledge and expand your skillset
- Strive to find ways to improve engineering standards, processes, and tooling
Candidates should meet the following requirements at an intermediate to advanced level:
- GraphQL (client-side and server-side, experience with the Apollo ecosystem preferred)
- React (Experience with Next.js preferred)
- CSS (Experience with CSS-in-JS libraries i.e. styled-components preferred)
- PostgreSQL or comparable relation databases
- Experience with ORMs (preferably TypeORM)
- Unit, Integration and End-to-End testing (Preferably Jest and Cypress)
Candidates should have familiarity with the following:
- React Native (Experience with Expo preferred)
- Architecture & cloud systems design
- CI/CD Pipelines (GitLab preferred)
- Build tools and package managers (Rollup, Webpack, NPM, etc)
Experience with the following are “nice-to-haves” but not required:
- 5+ years of experience developing SaaS applications
At Second Door, we're on the path to solving a $600B problem in healthcare. One that impacts over 160M Americans every year: Musculoskeletal (MSK) health conditions. These minor aches, sprains, and strains often start out small, but add up to big dollars over time, both for individuals and businesses. Fortunately, we know exactly how to best manage these conditions, and we know how to do so in a way that reduces long term disability and avoids high dollar medical claims. There's only one problem... 90% of the time we don't follow these guidelines.
Every year over 140M Americans end up going down the wrong path, often getting costly imaging or surgeries that might not be necessary, being prescribed dangerous medications that can have life-altering consequences, or foregoing care all-together leading to a higher likelihood of chronic conditions. All that said, we know why this happens. And we've cracked the code on how to solve it. The end result: we're on a path towards defining a new standard of care in a $40B industry, and we're on track towards helping it double in size over the next 10 years.
Now here's where you come in: today, we're a growing, passionate team led by industry veterans who have spent decades solving difficult challenges in the MSK management space with multiple successful exits under their belts. We're building out our core team that will shape the future of our platform and our business. We're looking for individuals who are just as passionate as they are talented, to bring change to an industry that desperately needs it. In return, we're excited to offer high reward to those who take the leap and join us early on this journey. We're just getting started - are you ready to hop onboard our rocket ship?
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Who wants to work with a company that has created some of the world’s most popular WordPress plugins, launched a powerful hosting service, and is one of the oldest and most well-established WordPress companies around. You do? Cool. Keep reading.We’re.
Senior Software Engineer- Fullstack Do you want to play a key role in establishing a new team in Copenhagen, and become part of an accelerating journey building solutions on the latest advances in cloud development, analytics applications, IoT sensors.
Senior Software Engineer- Backend/SRE Do you want to play a key role in establishing a new team in Copenhagen, and become part of an accelerating journey building solutions on the latest advances in cloud development, analytics applications, IoT sensors.