Role: Software Engineer
About Forever Oceans
Forever Oceans is reshaping the world of seafood with its sustainable, tech-forward approach and is positioned to become the preeminent sustainable seafood company. Forever Oceans is unique for its combination of biology, aquaculture, and technology in harmony to grow its sushi-grade fish in the most efficient and sustainable way. Our proprietary system incorporates robotics to nurture and monitor the fish through remote communication and artificial intelligence for greater efficiencies to reduce operational and environmental risks. With the backing of premium investors such as Bessemer Venture Partners, Forever Oceans is revolutionizing the world of seafood, forever.
Software Engineering at Forever Oceans
What You’ll Do
- Take ownership of technology solutions through design, development, documentation, and debugging features while supporting business requirements and strategic initiatives.
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Author unit tests and instrument codebase to identify bugs and improve performance.
- Utilize appropriate AWS cloud services to deliver high-performance applications.
- Suggest and implement improvements to existing features.
- Contribute to the authorship of publications, including user manuals, research reports, briefs, and grant submissions.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team in an agile-based software development lifecycle.
- Provide technical support to operational teams through training sessions and runbook documentation.
- BS/BEng in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or related field OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in similar or related role.
- A full understanding of software development practices, including the research of current and evolving engineering trends, approaches, technologies and techniques.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Node.js, Python, Angular, Docker, Amazon Web Services, DataBricks, Terraform, Kubernetes, or Kafka.
- Strong understanding of RESTful API design principles.
- Proficient in the git CLI with an understanding of how pull requests work within a collaborative team.
- Familiar with Linux, preferably Ubuntu or Debian.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- kubernetes: 2 years (Preferred)
- AWS: 2 years (Preferred)
- Python: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Overview: Who We Are: SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora,Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM ConnectedVehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported.
Software Developer (GraphQL, JS)IT'S 6-MONTN CONTRACT!About the roleThe Mobile Engineering team is responsible for native iOS and Android applications, which help customers track, forecast, and predict revenue on the go. Building new features for our.
The OverviewOur CRM Integration Developer is the lead advisor to clients working to optimize their daily operations to scale their businesses. You are a whiz at translating a company’s needs into technical solutions using your expert skills in data analysis.
Position SummaryConsultants in the Development practice are advanced software engineers. They are competent and experienced in a number of tools and technologies, and learn new ones quickly. They design and develop software, solve complex problems, troubleshoot.