MetroStar Systems is looking for a Web Developer that has a deep passion for leading application development projects for a mission critical contract. If you want to join a company that values your strategic analysis and are open to hybrid remote and on-site support in Washington, DC, we want you to work for MetroStar.
Our Health IT business is responsible for enabling transformative improvements in healthcare for our clients and the general public. Come be a game changer and join our team!
Don't meet every single Must Have? Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
You're a great fit if you:
- fearlessly work with clients, users, and team members to build the best products possible
- are a passionate developer and enjoy developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems
- enjoy working in a collaborative Agile environment to build timely and effective solutions for the customer
- are familiar with DevOps concepts and the continuous integration and delivery pipeline
You'll love our role if you have: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- experience with Bootstrap for developing and integrating Web Services APIs and SDKs
- experience with Relational Database Development with experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or similar databases
- a Bachelor's Degree (General work experience may be substituted for education. The requirement for education levels can be substituted at the rate of 1½ years of experience for every year of education)
We'll REALLY love you if you have: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- experience working in cloud and/or on-premises environments desired.
- experience as a developer and applying Object Oriented Programming (OOP) techniques
- experience with one or more programming language/Framework such as Java, Python, Ruby, C, Go, Node, etc.
- desired experience working with automated testing technologies such as RSpec, Cucumber
- experience with Jasmine, Protractor, or related tools
- familiarity with automated browser testing with tools such as Selenium
What your day will look like:
- You will support both on-premises and cloud hosted enterprise applications.
- You will work with Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, and Developers to facilitate the flow of continuous development through a secure, stable pipeline.
- You will support solution development by providing, communicating, and evolving the broader technology and architectural view of the solution.
- You will develop and maintain technical documentation. Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and explore solution alternatives.
- You will define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context.
- You will help to establish coding standards and ensure code quality guidelines
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
Job Type: Full-time
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Overview: Who We Are: SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora,Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM ConnectedVehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported.
Software Developer (GraphQL, JS)IT'S 6-MONTN CONTRACT!About the roleThe Mobile Engineering team is responsible for native iOS and Android applications, which help customers track, forecast, and predict revenue on the go. Building new features for our.
Overview: Why Consider JAGGAER?JAGGAER is a proven industry leader of comprehensive sourcing & procurement solutions. Our SaaS-based, source-to-settle solution provides unparalleled visibility, insights and recommendations to procurement leaders and.
The OverviewOur CRM Integration Developer is the lead advisor to clients working to optimize their daily operations to scale their businesses. You are a whiz at translating a company’s needs into technical solutions using your expert skills in data analysis.
Position SummaryConsultants in the Development practice are advanced software engineers. They are competent and experienced in a number of tools and technologies, and learn new ones quickly. They design and develop software, solve complex problems, troubleshoot.
More jobs by this company
MetroStar Systems is looking for a Senior Front-End Developer that has a deep passion for leading application development projects for a mission critical contract. If you want to join a company that values your strategic analysis and are open to hybrid.