Job Profile Summary
Want to be part of something Electrifying? bp pulse needs you to help us on our adventure to get to an Electric Future and become NetZero. We are looking to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable, and affordable energy. Our Fleet team is passionate about redefining the commercial transportation sector by removing the challenges, surprises, and learning curves that fleet operators often face when switching to electricity as a fuel. To do this, we need to rapidly grow our phenomenal team with the best EV authorities out there. You can help us get there, we are searching for skilled EV experts who are passionate and curious individuals to join our team to help the world electrify!
Are you a Software Engineer passionate about building approachable, innovative and sophisticated technologies in a small but growing engineering team? As a Senior Software Engineer at bp pulse, you will collaborate with the rest of the fleet Engineering team to deliver best in class software solutions. You will be troubleshooting network problems and building and maintaining a complex public multi-cloud environment EV fleet charging as a service software.
- Build and maintain large scale Java applications on real-time, event driven, distributed platforms
- Developing API contract-first micro services-based SaaS platforms
- Writing high quality code for production and mastering the art of code quality
- Participate in agile development lifecycle practices including but not limited to planning sessions, retrospectives, and peer review activities
- Perform complex problem solving on production and development environments by diagnosing and fixing issues
- Document issues found by the customer support team by opening JIRAs and investigating them to root cause
- Being available for on-call shifts for production support as necessary
- Development and support for large scale Node.JS applications in real-time, event driven, distributed/transactional cloud/IoT platforms
- Testing / deployment in a continuous integration and continuous development environment where you drive test driven development and enforce the 'do not break the build rule' right from the beginning
- Document processes, system components and APIs to build and enhance an internal knowledgebase
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in OO and event driven server side, large scale projects using Java or C#
- Experience building Cloud native (AWS), high availability/resilient applications in a CI/CD environment
- Advanced knowledge and experience with relational database design and SQL language
- Proficient in modular and reusable programming
- Extensive experience designing and building HTTP RESTful API-first contracts and microservices
- Proficient knowledge of AWS tools and services e.g., ECS, managed DB services like MySQL, lambda, API gateway, SNS SQS, multi-region setup, CloudFront, CloudFormation, codepipeline
- Fundamental understanding of secure development and operations practices
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
EntityCustomers & Products
Job Family GroupIT&S Group
Travel requiredNegligible travel
CountryUnited States of America
About BPCUSTOMER AND PRODUCTS
We’re gearing up for the future. At bp our goal for C&P is to deliver the future of mobility, energy and services for our customers by innovating with new business models and service platforms.
C&P will become a hub, housing our midstream, lubricants, aviation, sale of chemicals, mobility and convenience, marketing and our next-generation businesses, making it a highly integrated and interconnected organisation. And with safety being our core value, our commitment to safe and reliable operations will never change.
Want to join the team? This means:
- being customer-centric, agile and responsive to changing customer needs and dynamic markets
- focusing on growth and development of customer offers
- optimising the chemicals and fuels value chains to maximise integrated value
- contributing to the reduction of carbon intensity of the products we create, and sell, by 50% by 2050 or sooner
- creating strategic partnerships that drive long-term value for C&P
- being digitally enabled and empowered by customer insights and data to deliver solutions.
Legal disclaimerIf you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at PeopleCareHouston@bp.com; or by telephone at 833 478 7480 8am-5pm CST/CDT Monday-Friday.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Overview: Who We Are: SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora,Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM ConnectedVehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported.
Software Developer (GraphQL, JS)IT'S 6-MONTN CONTRACT!About the roleThe Mobile Engineering team is responsible for native iOS and Android applications, which help customers track, forecast, and predict revenue on the go. Building new features for our.
The OverviewOur CRM Integration Developer is the lead advisor to clients working to optimize their daily operations to scale their businesses. You are a whiz at translating a company’s needs into technical solutions using your expert skills in data analysis.
Position SummaryConsultants in the Development practice are advanced software engineers. They are competent and experienced in a number of tools and technologies, and learn new ones quickly. They design and develop software, solve complex problems, troubleshoot.
DescriptionThis is a remote position.Would you like to develop a new platform from scratch with JS/TS on both BE and FE?Our client starts building a marketplace for home buyers. Buyers will be able to browse properties that are being built and purchase.