McClatchy IT creates, deploys, and maintains software that powers over seventy periodical Web sites, including miamiherald.com, charlotteobserver.com, and newsobserver.com (Raleigh, NC). All of the Web sites are hosted and monitored in enterprise-class data centers.
Additionally, McClatchy IT supports all of the Web sites with hands-on technical training, consulting services, and 24/7 customer service.
A Software Architect at McClatchy designs solutions creates proof of concepts, mentors developers, performs code reviews and explores new technologies that would fit into our existing enterprise architecture.
Software Architects work closely with colleagues, one or more multidisciplinary Agile teams, the department head, product owners, and others to define deliverables, divide and conquer assignments, design solutions, and write code.
The ideal candidate for the position is an expert in one or more of the following: Go, Rust, Ruby on Rails; C++; Object-oriented PHP; MySQL; Node.js. The ideal candidate has at least four-six years in Service or Web development, and at least two years in an area of specialization.
- Structured design and development in a service-oriented architecture
- Design and development of unit test modules
- Peer code reviews
- Creation of documentation for both developer and end-user consumption
- Providing training to other developers and customer service personnel
- After-hours availability for emergency issues.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering, physics, or mathematics is preferred but not required
- Four-six years of professional programming experience
- At least two years in any of the aforementioned areas of expertise
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary agile team
- Enterprise-scale software development
- Experience with a revision control system (e. g. GIT, Subversion)
Special Skills/Licenses/Certifications: Required
- Modern software design patterns; development in a team environment
- Experience architecting cloud-based solutions for scalability and performance
- Solid knowledge of Unix or Linux, the command line, scripting, configuration and administration
- Customer service skills
Special Skills/Licenses/Certifications: Desired
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- REST API structure and usage
- Test-driven development, unit tests, test automation
- Web Services in a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Data caching (Varnish, Memcached, etc.)
At McClatchy, you will join a supportive, flexible, collaborative team. McClatchy strives to be an employer of choice, and our benefits package is made with this goal in mind. With a focus on health, well-being, wealth and daily life, our package options include healthcare coverage for employees and their families, financial protection from expected and unexpected expenses, multiple no-cost wellness resources and even coverage for four-legged friends. Our overall benefits package also includes a 401(k) with employer match, competitive paid time off and corporate holidays, and a variety of mental health benefits. With an excellent support team and with focus on your well-being as a top corporate strategy, McClatchy provides benefits to support you and your family in achieving your health and wellness goals.
Our impact is growing every day. 30 growing markets. Over 65 million monthly readers. 56 Pulitzer Prizes. A strong portfolio of dynamic partnerships and smart investments. Our award-winning journalism, digital reach, and commitment to innovative growth have never been stronger. As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of a flexible, empowering, and exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth—a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future. It’s an exciting time to be here. Our company is experiencing the most transformative period in its history. We’re growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Overview: Who We Are: SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora,Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM ConnectedVehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported.
Software Developer (GraphQL, JS)IT'S 6-MONTN CONTRACT!About the roleThe Mobile Engineering team is responsible for native iOS and Android applications, which help customers track, forecast, and predict revenue on the go. Building new features for our.
The OverviewOur CRM Integration Developer is the lead advisor to clients working to optimize their daily operations to scale their businesses. You are a whiz at translating a company’s needs into technical solutions using your expert skills in data analysis.
Position SummaryConsultants in the Development practice are advanced software engineers. They are competent and experienced in a number of tools and technologies, and learn new ones quickly. They design and develop software, solve complex problems, troubleshoot.
DescriptionThis is a remote position.Would you like to develop a new platform from scratch with JS/TS on both BE and FE?Our client starts building a marketplace for home buyers. Buyers will be able to browse properties that are being built and purchase.