Lead Software Engineer - Enterprise Services (We'll upskill you in node.js!) (Remote Eligible)
Why Wellmark: We are a mutual insurance company owned by our policy holders across Iowa and South Dakota, and we’ve built our reputation on over 80 years’ worth of trust. We are not motivated by profits. We are motivated by the well-being of our friends, family, and neighbors–our members. If you’re passionate about joining an organization working hard to put its members first, to provide best-in-class service, and one that is committed to sustainability and innovation, consider applying today!
Why Wellmark Technology? Wellmark is building innovative, modern solutions using cutting edge technology. We are driving organizational transformation and business strategy by empowering our technology team to innovate new and elegant solutions to enhance the customer experience. Together, we are leaning into the future, owning the outcome, and driving organizational change to transform how we work.
More about our unique benefit offerings here.
More about working at Wellmark here.
Approximate breakout of work is 75% thought leadership, 25% hands on development.
Investing in YOU: You don't have experience in Node.js? No problem! We are looking for a strong engineer we can up skill in Node.js, typescript, etc.
About the Career: Leads system development and the design for highly complex solutions that are efficient and cost effective, which support Wellmark’s business and Technology initiatives. Serves as a subject matter expert for other engineers to ensure the end product aligns with business expectations and development logic meets Wellmark standards and security requirements. Utilizes established relationships with Wellmark leaders and acts as a consultant on engineering and business process improvements and technology enhancements or capabilities.
About the Team: The enterprise service team supports one of Wellmark’s core systems that handles our membership, enrollment, claims processing and billing functions. The team’s development is primarily focused on building REST services hosted in AWS. The team works closely with other teams to enable application integration throughout Wellmark IT.
Our Ideal Candidate: You enjoy working with SQL, building REST APIs and are passionate about CI/CD. You have passion around performance, reusability, code quality, industry best practices and mentoring other developers. You can build business acumen and relationships to ensure services are aligned with business needs. You are inquisitive and focused on researching and recommending new emerging techniques and tools. You enjoy taking ownership in partnering with the team to deliver the best solution for your customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field of study and at least 5 years of development experience (ex. Angular, NodeJS, TypeScript, C++, .NET, Java, SQL) OR 9 years of related and applicable experience.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills. Accuracy and high attention to detail. Previous experience troubleshooting and developing creative technical solutions. Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex issues.
- Demonstrated experience in software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and coach/mentor team members, while setting an example in maintaining a positive attitude, staying calm under pressure, being approachable, and respectful and taking responsibility for failures.
- Big picture thinker with the ability to translate the value of the Wellmark as a Service (WaaS) strategy to company strategy when making design and development decisions.
- Demonstrated, strong ability to gather information, perform necessary research needed for root cause analysis, problem definition and formulation, recommend solution implementation, verification, and ongoing optimization, using data to support recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties. Ability to communicate key information in a timely manner to the appropriate stakeholder audience with the ability to adjust communication style that will best suit the audience.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Excellent organizational skills. Strong time management skills with the ability to set and meet established timeframes with little direction, while assuring data and information integrity.
- Eagerness to learn and stay current on industry trends and have a continuous learning mindset.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team to accomplish goals and/or solve problems. Ability to earn trust and respect from peers, leadership, and stakeholders. Ability to learn by actively listening and applying coaching feedback.
- Ability to lead, support and work within a diverse development team model including global staffing, crowd sourcing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working within an Agile team environment.
- Experience partnering with global staffing vendors to deliver projects.
a. Lead system development and engineering for highly complex programs. Coordinate the preparation, coding, testing, and debugging of complex programs; including the analysis and development of workflows that utilize emerging technology and meet and exceed Wellmark’s evolving business needs.
b. Serve as subject matter expert in the implementation of innovative and cost-effective business solutions for multiple applications and systems utilizing information technology, business, and industry trends.
c. Provide leadership, training, and guidance to others on the team in the gathering of information, necessary research needed for root cause analysis, problem definition and formulation, solution implementation, verification, and ongoing optimization. Ensure analysis of defects to find root cause and guide others in the identification of potential improvement opportunities.
d. Mentor, guide and problem-solve with other technology areas in the development and implementation of solutions, including how to use new or enhanced software/applications.
e. Coordinate with company resources to accomplish integration of products and processes and complex solutions. Provide timely and accurate results, and exceptional customer service.
f. Utilize established relationships with Wellmark leaders and acts as a primary consultant on business status, issues, process improvements and technology enhancements or capabilities.
g. Participate in project proposals, estimates and proof-of-concept activities as needed.
h. Maintain awareness of industry’s best practices and standards and proactively participates in industry/knowledge reference groups relative to role. Provide direction for enterprise standards. Conduct code reviews and monitor standard adherence.
i. Other duties as assigned.
Remote Eligible: You will have the flexibility to work where you are most productive. This position is eligible to work fully remote. Depending on your location, you may still have the option to come into a Wellmark office if you wish to. Your leader may ask you to come into the office occasionally for specific meetings or other ‘moments that matter’ as well.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield is to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Equivalent ExperienceOne of our clients is looking for a Node.js Developer.100% Remote.Must be able to work on W2.6 Month Contract to Hire.Must Haves: Node.js, API experience, NoSQL (this team is using MongoDB)Nice to Haves: AWS, Golang, .Net, Python.
Contract W2, 12 Months$60 - $70Job DescriptionTitle : Lead Node.JS developer with 10+yrs experienceLocation : San Francisco, CADuration : 12+ monthsRemote - 100%If your interested please reply me to my email id : shah(At)sprucetech.com or call me at.
Design, Develop, Test, Deploy, Maintain, and Improve software and new user-facing features.Manage individual priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.Write client-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications,.
Signify Technology is partnered with a global communications company who is rapidly growing their engineering teams in order to enhance their global communication platform.As a Node engineer, you will work with backend technology to create new features.
12+ Years of experience with Expertise with ELK stack : Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana.2. Should have good hands-on experience in end-to-end ELK stack deployment3. Design Elasticsearch indices to efficiently store metric data by optimizing both performance.
More jobs by this company
Company DescriptionWhy Wellmark: We are a mutual insurance company owned by our policy holders across Iowa and South Dakota, and we’ve built our reputation on over 80 years’ worth of trust. We are not motivated by profits. We are motivated by the well-being.