Are you smart, driven, curious, resourceful, and not afraid to fail? Then we want to meet you! FreightWaves delivers news and commentary, data, analytics, risk management tools, and actionable market insights to the logistics and supply chain industry. If you are ready to join our team, it is time for you to apply!
FreightWaves is on the hunt for a curious, tenacious, team-oriented Senior Data Engineer to join our fast paced engineering team. The ideal candidate is curious, versatile, team oriented, thrives on change, and has a positive attitude. If you are ready to be challenged, learn new and exciting technologies, and have the unique opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the country, we want you to apply!
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with Software Engineering and DevOps management to design and implement big data solutions
- Defining and implementing data processing and testing strategies
- Defining and implementing data project access boundaries
- Create and ensure data automation stability with associated monitoring tools
- Review existing and proposed infrastructure for architectural enhancements
- Working closely with Data Science and facilitating advanced data analysis (like Machine Learning)
What you bring to the table:
- Certification: Professional Google Cloud Certified Data Engineer is strongly desired
- Working knowledge of Apache Airflow
- Strong in Linux environments and experience in scripting languages
- Strong in Python
- Experience in any RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, etc.) with strong SQL skills
- Experience with NoSQL (Elasticsearch, MongoDB, or another flavor)
- Experience modeling data and access patterns
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable talking with customers or business partners as a consultant or technical advisor related to data management
- Must have working knowledge of cloud based functions and storage
Comfort level with the following (or transitioning from equivalent platform services):
- Cloud Storage
- Cloud Pubsub
- Cloud Composer
- Cloud Functions
- Transforming similar data from disparate sources to create canonical data structures
- Surfacing data to BI platforms such as Data Studio, Looker, or Tableau
- Data migration, especially from other platforms (cloud and on prem) to GCP
- DBT (Data Build Tool) - big plus! Ramp up on this, if you haven’t heard of it
- An excellent work environment, flat hierarchies, and short decision paths.
- Competitive salary
- Work from home
- A generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision and Life insurance, STD, LTD
- Stock options
- 401k with up to 3.5% match
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Student-loan reimbursement
- Annual life achievement bonus of $2000 for having a baby, buying a house, or getting married (one per year)
- No set days off Vacation policy (our team takes time off as needed with supervisor approval)
- Gym Membership (or virtual membership)
- Audible or Kindle Unlimited subscription
- FreightWaves strives for sustainability. We offset our carbon emissions.
- Discount on Ford vehicles
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Merritt Island, FL, USWe are integrating an application called "Fluid Designer". It is a 3D design application for cabinet manufactures which is based on an original customization by Microvellum . We have a need for a Python Programmer that can also.
Job Description:This position is Remote. Candidates will be considered based on their qualifications and the candidate's ability to work from an approved work location. Although the location is flexible, AEP does not have a presence in all states and.
ResponsibilitiesProvide clinical data management support to clinical development franchise(s) and related Clinical Operations team and/or study project, Safety, Clinical Management team and Biostatistics.Participate in the review of clinical research.
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.