Travel Required: Less than 10%
Public Trust: NACI (T1)
Requisition Type: Pipeline
GDIT is seeking a Software Developer Subject Matter Expert (SME) to work on a complex information technology program supporting one of our clients at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This SME will provide expertise, thought leadership, and technical advise/direction to development teams on the program. This individual will also work hands-on on development projects primarily within a Microsoft Azure environment, or with plans to move legacy applications into a modernized Microsoft tech stack.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Analyze user/business needs and functionality to plan and design software systems to meet those needs
- Create a variety of models and diagrams that show programmers the software code needed for an application
- Perform software updates, refinement, testing, and debugging to meet business needs
- Provide analysis for reports on software project specifications, activities, or status
- Thoroughly document the software or system for future maintenance and updates
- May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
- May serve as a team or task lead
- Require developers to dedicate a portion of their time to IT operations and maintenance (O&M)
- Provide product design, development, enhancement, and operation and maintenance
- Provide the database, vocabulary, and programming structures consistent with current HHS/CDC standards.
- Provide and support ongoing product documentation efforts to comply with internal HHS/CDC informatics standards, methodologies, and processes.
- Create and maintain databases and coded application front-end on an as-needed basis to support current and future epidemiologic studies
- Ability to interact with scientists, end users, other developers, external partners, and management to determine system parameters and requirements in order to identify and transfer user needs into software solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics or computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- A minimum of ten years of practical experience in software development associated with modeling and simulation within the training systems domains is required
- Experience with Azure SQL, MS SQL, .NET, MVC
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and various Unix flavors, such as Linux
- Experience with software development and diagnostic tools
- CompTIA Security+ CE preferred
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job Description:This position is Remote. Candidates will be considered based on their qualifications and the candidate's ability to work from an approved work location. Although the location is flexible, AEP does not have a presence in all states and.
ResponsibilitiesProvide clinical data management support to clinical development franchise(s) and related Clinical Operations team and/or study project, Safety, Clinical Management team and Biostatistics.Participate in the review of clinical research.
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.
**Please note we are no longer accepting applications**Company BackgroundINTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to.