Relocation offered: No
Employment status: Full-Time
Location: Work from home position located inside the continental United States
We're hiring a Manager of Software Engineering to join one of our Digital Innovation teams! We're a team of accomplished designers, engineers, and product experts responsible for a proprietary application that is core to Armstrong's digital innovation strategy and will enable long-term strategic advantages for the company.
As our Manager of Software Engineering, you will lead a lean engineering team working on a cutting-edge application and serve as a hands-on mentor and coach with a passion to develop top notch talent.
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
What you'll be doing:
- Interact and strategize with product managers, UI/UX experts, data scientists, and fellow engineers
- Evaluate departmental needs to ensure the team is properly staffed; interview and hire candidates for open positions
- Follow agile development processes to implement new features in a highly collaborative environment
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, performance code base as well as SDLC.
- Build responsive and beautiful web applications
- Create REST-ful web services and APIs
What will make you successful:
- 5+ years' experience of either leading software engineering teams and/ or operating at a senior/ team lead level with demonstrated growth of team member capabilities
- 7+ years of full stack software engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field, or extensive practical experience
- AWS DevOps experience to setup, configure, and maintain your own dev/build environment
- Building React applications
- Building ETL applications with REST API services, Node.js, Python, and Typescript.
- Designing and developing service-based architectures and/or micro services.
- Designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: Postgres, Redis, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Object oriented programming, Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc.)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker)
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong desire to succeed
- Experience building and deploying ML-based solutions
- Experience building and deploying a lead generation platform
- Application development within the manufacturing industry
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Heightened decision-making skills
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!
Job Segment: Test Engineer, Software Engineer, Testing, Engineering Manager, Recruiting, Engineering, Technology, Human Resources
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.
Company BackgroundINTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare.
Headquarters: United States URL: https://strong.ioStrong Analytics is seeking Software Engineers to help design and develop machine-learning based applications for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500s. Engineers are core contributors at Strong,.
Job Description:Provide ERP subject matter expertise and implementation support.Participate in work sessions with functional teams.Supports O&M functionality and researches and resolves incidents in priority orderConducts troubleshooting for technical.