UMA is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida and founded in 1994, UMA offers content-rich, interactive online programs as well as hands-on training at our Clearwater, Florida campus.
- Anticipated starting salary of $125,000; pay rate negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- Medical (including prescription), Dental, Vision (UMA subsidized)
- FSA/HSA (Depending on Medical Plan chosen)
- $50,000 Life Insurance (UMA paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance (Team Member paid)
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP (UMA paid)
- Long Term Disability (UMA paid)
- Short Term Disability (Team Member paid)
- Supplemental Insurance such as Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital (Team Member Paid)
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued in year 1, 9 holidays, and 1 day of Volunteering Time Off
- 401k (eligible upon completion of 90 days of employment and must be at least 21 years of age)
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical staff as appropriate
- Efficient in quickly accessing and appropriately escalating technical concerns
- Provides technical leadership, hands-on implementation skills, and extensive troubleshooting skills for complex cloud and on-prem data systems and day to day IT operations support of operating system and application issues.
- Participate within the DevOps team with the implementation of CI/CD pipelines and deployments for cloud-based data systems.
- Responsible for the mentoring and guidance of other Cloud Database Engineers within the team.
- Partner with IT Engineering and DevOps by providing guidance on alerting metrics and escalation paths for cloud and on-prem data systems.
- Utilize and demonstrate advanced troubleshooting skills systemically, documentation of issues and working problems proactively out of the environment.
- Proactively troubleshoots and implements solutions to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Develop and enforce database administration, user standards, and procedures.
- Establish best practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting end user access and usage of database applications
- Develop IT standards and procedures for the organization.
- Participates in IT Security assessments, risk analysis and reporting
- Document the company’s database environment.
- Responds to requests for information on IT company policies, practices, guidelines and standards.
- Design and implement an appropriate database backup and recovery strategy based on data volatility and application availability requirements.
- Ensure the structural integrity of the databases and that only accurate and appropriate data is entered and maintained in the databases.
- Proactively monitor the database environment and to make changes to data structures, SQL, application logic or the DBMS subsystem to optimize performance.
- Ensure data availability using non-disruptive administration tactics.
- Ensure that only authorized users have access to the data.
- Assist with predicting growth based on application and data usage patterns and implementing the necessary database changes to accommodate the growth.
- Responsible for resolving system issues.
- May provide system or security awareness related training
- Ensure the safety of Information Systems Assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Weighs business needs against other concerns and articulates issues to management.
- Develop and document standard configurations, build and support processes and FAQs.
- Serves as a liaison or technical resource for others in IT or to partners within other business units.
- Participate in On-Call rotation for after-hours support and troubleshooting
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure overall performance, reliability, stability, and availability of UMA’s Cloud and on-prem database systems and infrastructure.
- Lead the configuration, management, and implantation of cloud and on-prem data systems.
- Perform proactive maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of SQL and all other database systems.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Create documentation on database recovery and architecture effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases are configured for high resilience and are tuned for optimum performance.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
- Identify and partner with developers to remediate inefficient or suboptimal performance of queries, processes, or data structures.
- Guide complex and critical data/database management initiatives that typically involve multiple disciplines and multiple business groups, including responsibility for database architecture, design, integration, and/or data modeling.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
- Work with IT Engineering and DevOps to ensure all database systems are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Lead architectural decisions for cloud and on-prem data system implementations and upgrades including clustering, log shipping, mirroring, SQL Database servers, Azure SQL Databases, Datalakes, Data Factory, Databricks, or other technologies.
- Lead the configuration, tuning, and management SQL Always-On Availability Groups.
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors.
- Perform load and execution testing.
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing database performance and providing performance statistics and reports.
- Responsible for assisting developers in creating stored procedures and SQL commands to properly query databases.
- Continued development of database administration skills; keep abreast of latest techniques, best practices and trends and able to apply to project work.
- Lead developing SQL queries/scripts and similar artifacts to validate the completeness, integrity and accuracy of data within data load/refresh, backup and recovery processes.
- Lead in data analysis efforts to resolve complex database performance issues.
- Lead with the design and development of automated solutions (scripts, functions, programs, processes) to increase the efficiency of the database administration and monitoring processes
- Document designs and specifications that adhere to company practices.
- Communicate needs as well as deployment and operations standards to Infrastructure Services.
Support Institutional Initiatives:
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience with database design and administration experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases
- 5 years of experience with Microsoft Azure cloud data services such as Azure SQL Databases, DataLake, DataBricks, SQL Server Stretch Databases, Power BI, and Data Factory.
- 5 years of experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems.
- 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server in a high availability environment including Failover Clusters, Availability Groups and Transactional Replication.
- Possess in-depth SQL knowledge to understand and review SQL and host language programs and to recommend changes for optimization.
- Proficient experience with SQL Source control tools such as RedGate or VSTS.
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures and SSIS packages.
- Proficient in Database Administration and Data Replication techniques, processes and best practices and able to provide guidance to other development teams (BI, ETL, Software Engineering, etc.).
- 3 years of experience leading IT projects including requirements gathering, prioritization, and implementation
- Ability to prioritize in the face of demanding time frames.
- Proficient experience with Database monitoring tool sets such as SolarWinds DPA.
- Proficient experience with Database Modeling and Design Tools (e.g., Erwin, Oracle Designer, ER Studio, etc.).
- Proficient at collecting, storing, and managing the ability to query the organization's metadata.
- Ability to translate a data model or logical database design into an actual physical database implementation and to manage that database once it has been implemented.
- Possess procedural skills to help design, debug, implement, and maintain stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined functions that are stored in the DBMS.
- Possess understanding of the advanced tenets of relational database technology and be able to accurately communicate them to others.
- Able to integrate database administration requirements and tasks with general systems management requirements and tasks (such as job scheduling, network management, transaction processing, etc.).
- Able to professionally communicate fluently in verbal and written English and effectively communicate with all level of the organization
- Able to work in a team focused environment
- Excellent customer service mindset and approach
- Self-motivated; strong work ethic
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft Teams
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another related major
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate
- MCSA: Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or 2016
- 3 - 5 years of experience in data warehouse concepts, practices, and procedures
- 2 – 5 years of experience working in a DevOps environment
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- 3 - 5 years of experience with ETL tools or ETL programming.
- Expert level experience with relational database concepts (required), service-oriented architecture (SOA), ESB, and portal technologies.
- Knowledge of other databases like Oracle and MySQL
- Ability to work full-remote, on-site, or a hybrid attendance model
- Ability to travel as required – up to 25% travel
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer,
- Requires ability to travel.
- Requires occasional bending, stooping, and squatting.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY
I have read and understand all the responsibilities and accountabilities in my job description. This job description is a tool used by me and management to help assess, evaluate and provide guidelines and expectations for the position named herein. I understand that it is not a contract and it does not constitute any guarantee of future employment.
UMA will NEVER ask you to send money or ask you to provide bank account information in order for you to get reimbursed for tools to work. If you have been contacted by someone claiming to be from UMA about a job posting, you can always verify the position at https://careers-ultimatemedical.icims.com/
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About Us:We help businesses transform by providing them with one unified cloud-based solution to run their entire organization. Our company headquartered in South Florida is a full-service Oracle NetSuite Partner which engages in consulting, implementation,.
About UsRisingWave Labs is a series-A start-up that innovates next-generation database systems. The company develops RisingWave (https://github.com/risingwavelabs/risingwave), a cloud-native SQL streaming database for modern real-time applications.RisingWave.
Overview:As an Associate Data Engineer, you will be working with a team of technologists to deliver insight across various aspects of CareCentrix Master Data Management system. You will be working on developing and managing database frameworks to ensure.
Overview:We are CONNECTING HEALTH AND WEALTH. Come be part of remarkable.How you can make a differenceWe are looking for a driven Enterprise Data Analyst to join our team. This person will be responsible for helping ensure our critical data import and.
THE OPPORTUNITY:We are seeking a talented Snowflake Database Engineer - Cloud who designs, develops, tests and maintains database solutions on the Cloud. Data Engineer will be responsible for implementing large scale data intelligence solutions around.