sql (9) mysql (4) mariadb (3) sql (1) aurora (1) database-admin (6) database>analyst (5) dba (1) python (1) python (1) ruby (1) ruby (1) aws (0.5) =AWS (0.5) devops (0.5) docker (0.5)
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
Come work with a great team for one of the top (and most responsible) crypto exchanges in a rapidly evolving space. The DBA team is responsible for designing and implementing scalable solutions that allow the company to reliably and securely support our customer base. The role involves a combination of production support, support for other teams, and interesting project work to further scale and solidify the system.
- Scaling a distributed high load
- MariaDB cluster making every and all performance optimizations necessary to improve throughput and scalability
- Enhance and improve our high availability, disaster recovery, backup/recovery and monitoring solutions
- Troubleshoot various performance / availability issues
- Manage database security, patching and upgrades
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and provide off-hours production support
- Expert knowledge of open source SQL databases, in particular MariaDB / MySQL (5+ years experience)
- MariaDB / Mysql internals knowledge
- Significant production experience in high volume situations dealing with advanced replication schemes, sharding, performance optimization
- Server management, maintenance and backup strategiesExperience running Mysql on dedicated hardware and cloud instances
- AWS cloud engineering expertise across VPC, EC2, RDS, Aurora, S3
- Extremely proficient with best security practices
- Experience with common mysql db tools such as Percona toolkit, Openark, SysbenchScripting (two or more of bash, python, go, ruby and/or perl)
- Version control (gitlab, github, bitbucket, etc..)
- Experience with docker and/or kubernetes/nomadFamiliarity with monitoring/discovery/management solutions such as grafana, prometheus, consul, terraform
- Experience with proxies such as Haproxy, Proxysql, Maxscalesoft skills/othergreat communication skillsstrong attention to detaildependable / responsible in a mission critical environment
- Strategic thinker that is able to weigh trade-offs and prioritize
- Excellent team player that cares about people and their success
- It is a must that you are interested in cryptocurrency and actively involved in
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About Us:We help businesses transform by providing them with one unified cloud-based solution to run their entire organization. Our company headquartered in South Florida is a full-service Oracle NetSuite Partner which engages in consulting, implementation,.
About UsRisingWave Labs is a series-A start-up that innovates next-generation database systems. The company develops RisingWave (https://github.com/risingwavelabs/risingwave), a cloud-native SQL streaming database for modern real-time applications.RisingWave.
Overview:As an Associate Data Engineer, you will be working with a team of technologists to deliver insight across various aspects of CareCentrix Master Data Management system. You will be working on developing and managing database frameworks to ensure.
Overview:We are CONNECTING HEALTH AND WEALTH. Come be part of remarkable.How you can make a differenceWe are looking for a driven Enterprise Data Analyst to join our team. This person will be responsible for helping ensure our critical data import and.
THE OPPORTUNITY:We are seeking a talented Snowflake Database Engineer - Cloud who designs, develops, tests and maintains database solutions on the Cloud. Data Engineer will be responsible for implementing large scale data intelligence solutions around.