Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.
As an Engineering Manager, youareresponsible for the day-to-day management of your development team. Thisincludes daily operations, maintenance, firefighting, troubleshooting, reporting, enhancements, and development for current projects. It also involves heavy collaboration with product managers, system architects, and other software engineers to build best-in-class software using modern technologies with an agile development process.You setthe values and vision of the team and focuson the continued growth of the team and team members.
As a leader you will:
- Guideyour team in developing high-quality applications that provide a delightful user experience and meet business expectations
- Be responsible for the continuous improvement of the operations, processes, methodologies, technology choices, and practices of the team
- Coachand mentorSoftware Engineers of varying levels
- Guidecareer development and performance planning for team members
- Onboard, train, and ensure the continuing education of team members
- Conductregular performance reviews for team members
You will also:
- Alignwith Product Management to set the strategic direction of the product
- Collaboratewith Enterprise Architecture to set the technical architecture of the product
- Driveagile development methodologies every day
- Guidethe engineering team in developing best practices and standards that the team will use to create clean, reusable, well-structured, and maintainable code
- Ensurethat features deployed have technical integrity and stability
- Ensureall code is reviewed appropriately and meets quality, operational and architectural standards needed for successful product delivery
- Participatein fostering an environment that promotes clarity, transparency, and openness between engineers and business partners
- Participatein annual team budget development and management
- Two (2+) years of experience in leading or managing development teams, combined with a minimum of Seven (7+) years of hands-on experience in software engineering on development teams
- Experience in automated testing practices including unit testing, integration testing, and/or performance testing
- Experience using code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Demonstrable success as a software engineering lead who can focus on results in an Agile environment
- Expertise in application development in modern object-oriented programming languages
- Expertise in building and integrating with web services and RESTful APIs
- Understanding of modern cloud architecture and tools
- Proficient inSQLor other relational data storage technologies
- Mastery of applicable development tools, technologies, methodologies, design patterns, and best practices
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal stakeholders
- Ability to mentor and help develop team members
- Bachelors degree (or related experience equivalent) in related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Applied Mathematics, or Applied Sciences
Bonus points for:
- Experience with team building and organization management
- Experience with defining strategies used in an engineering departments solutions development work
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
Flexible paid time off
Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
Monthly fitness reimbursement
New-Parent Paid Leave
1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job Family: Digital and TechnologyType: Full timeDate Posted: Dec 01, 2022Req #: JR39890DescriptionJob Title: Sr. IT Systems Analyst (Finance)Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia - Remote WorkSign-On-Bonus: 1, 000.00Job Summary:Responsible for defining and.
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of.
Primary Skills: Automation, Cypress, React, JSON, Jenkins/GithubContract Type: W2Duration: 6+ MonthsLocation: 100% RemoteNOTE: Role open to Women Back to Work candidates with a career gap-TALK to a recruiter NOW: CONTACT Monika @ 408-907-2992-Grow your.
Work to turn vacation dreams into life-long memories by becoming a part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! We strive to be the first choice in vacation travel, enriching lives and uniting the world.Grow your career as a Software Tester within Trisept.
At LaunchNotes, diversity and inclusion are core values. Candidates with diverse and/or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.--Design at LaunchNotesDesign is a critical organization at LaunchNotes. We solve problems for our users by discovering.
This position supports Silotech Group's Salesforce practice to meet the needs of both internal and external customers. This role may have you work on current existing projects, internal and external, and future projects as awarded.LocationRemoteClearance.
At Booksy, we have a passion for bringing peace of mind to scheduling via technology which helps our Providers & their Customers thrive. Our app helps health & beauty pros amplify their craft and run their businesses without worrying about managing the.
About Us: As the World’s Largest Pool League, American Poolplayers Association (APA) has a unique business model that brings the people who are passionate about pool together with those who want to be social and have fun into a perfect mix of sports-themed.
Skills Required:Automated and Manual software and systems testing > Leading testers and guiding development teams > Commercial off the Shelf Package and Enterprise Systems Integration testing > Cloud, Web, UI experience with relevant backlog and testing.
This is a full-time position with Tecknomic and the project is with DHCF DCAS - Department of Health Care Finance in DC. This is a remote role. Please note, in order to apply for this position, you must be able to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
More jobs by this company
Company DescriptionDaxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.Whether a neighborhood yoga studio,.